The Region VI WDB provides Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funded training services to employers located in the Region VI service area, which includes the following counties: Barbour, Braxton, Doddridge, Gilmer, Harrison, Lewis, Marion, Monongalia, Preston, Randolph, Taylor, Tucker, and Upshur.
- Training of a new hire or upskilling of a current employee;
- Training for permanent, full-time employees;
- Training for which the employer pays for not less than 25%-75% percent of the hourly wage;
- Max training period of 480 hours.
- Training designed to meet the needs of an employer (including a group of employers);
- Training which relates to the introduction of new technologies, introduction to new production or service procedures, upgrading to new jobs that require additional skills, workplace literacy, or other appropriate purposes identified by the Local Board;
- Training for which employers pay for not less than 50% percent of the cost of training;
Incumbent Worker Training
- Training designed to meet the special requirements of an employer (or group of employers) to retain a skilled workforce, assist in business expansion or avert a layoff;
- Employee/s has an established employment history with the employer for 6 months or more.
|# of Employees||Employer share of cost||Region VI WDB share of cost|
- May utilize Transitional Training to provide prospective employees with a 100% subsidized short-term period of employment, which could transition into permanent employment under an OJT contract.
- A transitional job is one that provides a limited work experience, that is subsidized in the public, private, or non-profit sectors for those individuals with barriers to employment because of chronic unemployment or inconsistent work history; these jobs are designed to enable an individual to establish a work history, demonstrate work success, and develop the skills that lead to unsubsidized employment.
For more information on any of the above WIOA Employer Programs call Amy Hall (304) 368-9530, or Matt Wagner (681) 404-6305.